Duration: OCT 2021 – SEPT 2022
Where: in Ljubljana, Slovenia
About our organisation: Mainly known as the organisers of the annual LGBTIQ+ parade, Ljubljana Pride Association is a youth-based, anti-racist, feminist, LGBTIQ+ association active all year long, fighting against discrimination of all LGBTIQ+ people and their intersecting identities.
You will gain competences in:
- Group work
- Working in an intercultural environment
- Communication, technical and logistical competences
- Learning about project management (e.g., how to manage smaller one-day events like exhibitions, workshops and other activities)
- Digital competences: use of social media and digital tools
The project includes:
- Fully funded travel and accommodation
- Covered food expenses and pocket money
- Mentoring and Youthpass certificate
- Health insurance for non-Slovene residents
- COVID testing for travel purposes
Who for: LGBTIQ+ people with a strong interest in LGBTIQ+ organisations, topics and politics who have previous work or volunteer experience in the field of LGBTIQ+ organising. You are between 18-30 years old and an EU resident.
We specifically welcome LGBTIQ+ youth who are members of different marginalised groups.
We are looking for a person who has interest in the area of SOCIAL MEDIA.
- You’re LGBTIQ+, sociable and have a proactive attitude
- Comfortable with working in office environments and having an office routine
- Able to fluently communicate in English
- Have previous volunteering or working experience
- Active use of social media, especially Instagram and Facebook stories and ADs
- Enthusiasm about excel tables and organising 🙂
- Don’t mind going to the store every 2 weeks
General description: You will be included in the daily work and activities of the association. You will be supported by a working coordinator and a mentor.
The work will be mainly carried out in the office or in the field; due to COVID regulations, occasional working from home is to be expected.
Supporting the social media:
- our social media Communication (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube)
- promotion of events
- writing content posts
- social media coverage of Pride Parade’s events (video and photo coverage, online posting, archiving)
- use of professional equipment for video and/or photo (filming, editing)
- Support with organising the Ljubljana Pride Festival 2022
- Support with the daily operations in the office (logistical & administrative support)
Administrative support of the office functioning:
- Ordering and/or buying materials
- Logistics support
- Keeping track of post and office costs
How to apply:
Send us your CV and tell us why you would like to volunteer with us. Please add what you are looking forward to the most in relation to mentioned tasks!
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 30th September 2021