When and where: 19th May – 18th June 2022 in Ljubljana, Slovenia
Who for: 12 LGBTIQ+ people (18-30 years old) with a strong interest in LGBTIQ+ organizations, topics and politics (EU residents)
You will be involved in the programme of the Pride Parade Festival organised by Ljubljana Pride Association. This means you will be (physically) working together on implementation of different activities and events, from exhibitions, round tables, workshops, concerts, conferences and of course, the annual Pride Parade! You’ll be working closely with our team and the other volunteers to ensure this year’s Festival runs smoothly by:
- Before the Festival: preparing the logistics, spaces, technical elements, promoting the activities, visuals, assembling groups and making the plans;
- Once Festival starts: making sure all of the agreed things are happening
- After the festival: cleaning and evaluation of your month here with us!
We will make sure to make the work environment safe by following the Covid-19 health regulations. That said, we will be working physically in the office and in the outdoor venues. We did the same last two years, ensuring safety, following guidelines and still walking on a Health Institute-approved Pride Parade!
About you: You’re sociable, fluent in English, enjoy working in a team and are not afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
You will gain competences in:
- Group work
- Working in an intercultural environment
- Communication, technical and logistical competences
- Learning about project management (e.g., how to manage smaller one-day events like exhibitions, workshops and other activities)
The project includes:
- Fully funded travel and accommodation
- Reimbursement for PCR for antigen test for traveling
- Covered food expenses and pocket money
- Group mentoring and Youthpass certificate at the end
How to apply:
Send us your CV and motivational letter: tell us why you would like to volunteer with us with a focus on why you are applying to an LGBTIQ+-specific organisation. You can apply until 22nd of February 2022 either on email@example.com or through the European Youth Portal. After the deadline we will organise an online informative meeting, where you will be able to meet the others who applied and learn more about the organisation, European Solidarity Corps programme and ask specific questions you have about this opportunity!