Start: between 1st – 31st of July 2022 (duration: 12 months)
Where: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Who for: LGBTIQ+ people with a strong interest in LGBTIQ+ organisations, topics and politics who have previous work or volunteer experience in the field of LGBTIQ+ and/or Festival and bigger events organising. You are between 18-30 years old and EU resident or active in Serbia, North Macedonia or Montenegro.
About our organisation: Mainly known as the organisers of the annual LGBTIQ+ parade, Ljubljana Pride Association is a youth-led, anti-racist, feminist, LGBTIQ+ association active all year long, fighting against discrimination of all LGBTIQ+ people and their intersectional identities. The purpose of the Festival is to give space and greater voice to LGBTIQ+ artists, topics, demands, organisations… and to demand political and social change.
- You’re LGBTIQ+, sociable and have a proactive attitude
- You are organised and structured 🙂
- Comfortable with working in office environments and having an office routine
- Able to fluently communicate in English
- Have previous volunteering or working experience with event management, networking, communication and/or fundraising
- Have interest to work for the organisation of a complex festival, including all the administration and logistics
- Like to work in teams and feel that social change and activism is something you want to dedicate yourself to.
You will be included in the daily work and activities of the association. You will be supported by a working coordinator and a mentor. The work will be mainly carried out in the office or in the field (including going to protests and other public events); due to COVID regulations, occasional working from home could happen.
Your tasks will primarily include supporting the organisation of the Ljubljana Pride Festival 2023 and supporting the day-to-day office work (logistical and administrative support).
You will gain competences in:
- Group work
- Working in an intercultural environment
- Communication, technical and logistical competences
- Learning about project management (e.g., how to manage smaller one-day events like exhibitions, workshops and other activities)
- Digital competences (use of social media and digital tools)
- Fundraising and project writing
The project includes:
- Fully funded travel and accommodation
- Covered food expenses and pocket money
- Mentoring and Youthpass certificate
- Health insurance for non-Slovene residents
- Language support
- COVID testing for travel purposes
How to apply:
Send us your CV and tell us why you would like to volunteer with us. Please add what you are looking forward to the most in relation to mentioned tasks! We are also looking forward to hearing how come you’ve chosen to apply to an LGBTIQ+ specific organisation.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 31st March 2022