Duration: 1st of July 2022 – 30th of June 2023
Where: in Ljubljana, Slovenia
Who for: LGBTIQ+ people with a strong interest in LGBTIQ+ organisations, topics and politics who have previous work or volunteer experience in the field of LGBTIQ+ organising. You are between 18-30 years old and an EU resident.
We specifically welcome trans and non-binary youth, LGBTIQ+ youth with immigrant backround and LGBTIQ+ youth with lived experience of homelessness.
We are looking for a person who has interest in the area of supporting the daily operations of Sqvot programme – Programme for Reducing the Risk of Housing Exclusion for LGBTIQ+ Youth. Purpose of the Sqvot programme is to address homelessness and housing exclusion among LGBTIQ + young people by short-term crisis accommodation, research and advocacy work, community fieldwork and preventive and support services for young LGBTIQ+ people at-risk.
- Participating in the regular field work
- Promotion of the programme activities
- Supporting with the organisation of topically related events
- Providing peer support
- Supporting the project management of the projects
- Supporting with organising the Ljubljana Pride Festival 2023
- Supporting with the daily operations in the office (logistical & administrative support)
- You’re LGBTIQ+, sociable and have a proactive attitude
- Comfortable with working in office environments and having an office routine
- Able to fluently communicate in English
- Have previous volunteering or working experience
- Have interest in the topic of LGBTIQ+ youth housing issues
- Share enthusiasm about organising events for the community 🙂
About the organisation:
Mainly known as the organisers of the annual LGBTIQ+ parade, Ljubljana Pride Association is a youth-based, anti-racist, feminist, LGBTIQ+ association active all year long, fighting against discrimination of all LGBTIQ+ people and their intersecting identities.
You will be included in the daily work and activities of the association. You will be supported by a working coordinator and a mentor. The work will be mainly carried out in the office or in the field; due to COVID regulations, occasional working from home could happen.
You will gain competences in:
- Group work
- Working in an intercultural environment
- Communication, technical and logistical competences
- Learning about project management (e.g., how to manage smaller one-day events like exhibitions, workshops and other activities)
- Digital competences (use of social media and digital tools)
- Learning about the topic of LGBTIQ+ homelessness and housing exclusion
- Preventative strategies and social media strategies in the field of social services
The project includes:
- Fully funded travel and accommodation
- Covered food expenses and pocket money
- Mentoring and Youthpass certificate
- Health insurance for non-Slovene residents
- Language support
- COVID testing for travel purposes
How to apply:
Send us your CV and tell us why you would like to volunteer with us. Please add what you are looking forward to the most in relation to mentioned tasks! We are also looking forward to hearing how come you’ve chosen to apply to an LGBTIQ+ specific organisation.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 31st March 2022